In 2023, we celebrate 103 years of helping those most in need in central Massachusetts. The United Way brings people together to build strong communities where everyone can get a quality education, a good job, and live a healthy life. But we are not able to do this work alone: United Way unites people, organizations, and communities in purpose. Together we mobilize resources swiftly and purposefully to address needs and make life better for every person in our community.
• De Tocqueville Award: Carol and Michael Sleeper
• Stoddard Award: Mirick O’Connell
• Coghlin Community Service Award: Seeds of Hope Shelter/Open Sky Community Services, Blessed Sacrament Church, and the City of Worcester Department of Health & Human Services
• Orville Harrold Award: Judi Kirk, Ed Madaus, Anh Vu Sawyer
• Labor Award: Douglas Belanger, United Food & Commercial Workers – Local 1445
• Volunteer of the Year Awards: Liz Estabrooks, Daniela LeBlanc, Shrewsbury High Class of 2023 Volunteers